TikTok is just like any other social network and there are rules. You can’t create an account or share videos with anyone under 13. Only people over 13 years of age can create an account on TikTok and post videos. Only 18-year-olds can give or share gifts. TikTok accounts can only be created by people under 13 years of age. TikTok may block you if you create an account using a fake birth date. This is necessary to ensure that children don’t see spam or adult content. If you are older than 13 years old and wish to change your account’s date of birth, you can. However, it is best to create a TikTok new account. Let’s now learn how to change your TikTok age.
TikTok: Can you change your age?
You can alter your age via TikTok. However, changing your age on TikTok can be difficult. It’s quite hard. To complete this process successfully, you must rely on TikTok leaders.
Why can’t I update my age on the TikTok app?
TikTok has removed the option to change your birthday to prevent minors from gaining access to features that are only available to older users such as direct messaging and digital gifts. To allow younger users to access this additional functionality, TikTok removed the ability to change your age.
This update had one downside: adult users who signed up too quickly and created a fake birth date found that TikTok has restricted their use of the app even though they are well over the age limit for certain features.
How to request a change to your age on TikTok
You can change your username and profile photo on TikTok at any time, but it is no longer possible to modify your TikTok birthday via the app controls.
You can change your age in TikTok by contacting customer service and asking for a birthday update. Here’s how it works.
- Open the TikTok App on your smart phone and tap Me at the lower-right corner.
- Tap the three dots (ellipsis) at the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap Report a Problem on TikTok.
- Tap Account and Create a Profile
- Tap Editing Profile.
- Tap another.
- Tap Still have a Problem
- Type something like “I need to change my birthday on account because the current date is wrong.” Tap Report to share an ID that proves my true birthday.
- In the next few days, you will receive an email from TikTok support sent to the email address associated with your account. A photo of your government ID should be requested by the representative to prove your birthday. Once they have received it, they will update your TikTok birthday date with the new date.
Do I need to open a new TikTok account?
You can create a new account with the correct birthday if you are unable to change your age on TikTok using the above method. This means you will have to start from scratch in terms of followers. You should be able to download all your TikTok videos from the original account and upload them to your new account without any problems.